Welcome to Demo Module: VizInfo
Teachers: Riccardo Mazza, Dominique Brodbeck, Michele Lanza & Richard Wettel
General information & tools
In this module you will get an introduction to the main concepts and techniques on Information Visualization (infovis). You will see how a huge amount of data can be represented in a visual format that allows people to gain insights that might lead to significant discoveries.
In particular, you will learn:
- how to use graphics to illustrate data and relationships between data elements
- the basic principles of infovis
- the different usage of infovis (presentation, explorative analysis, confirmative analysis)
- strategies and techniques that help us transform large multidimensional datasets into structures that are conducive to visualization.
- how different data structures (plain, hierarchical, network) can be visualized
- how to create your own visualization solutions for concreete practical problems. You will have the opportunity to come up with your own visualization ideas and apply them to some interesting problems.
- concepts of software visualization which will facilitate both the human understanding and effective use of computer software